As a Not-for-profit chess club, we rely partly on donations and sponsorships to keep the club running and to keep our players engaged with prizes and scholarships we offer to our members to participate in other events outside the club. The additional funds also helps us in hosting additional chess tournaments and community events to attract new players to the club. So we invite you to consider partnering with the Waterdown Chess Club either as a sponsor or a donor.
- Connect with over 30 enthusiastic chess players and another 30 to 60 parents and supporters who will attend our club weekly
- Increase awareness of your products and services and your overall brand
- Reach more people weekly through our weekly online newsletter to our chess community and via prominent promotion on our website
- Invest in the educational benefits that chess provides to our kids, youths and adults in our community
- Support and promote the game of chess in our community
- $100– with a minimum of $100, you can sponsor the cash prize for a section of one of the club’s Blitz or Rapid tournaments. You will be mentioned on our online communication and during the tournament.
- $200– with a minimum of $200, you get the same benefits noted above. In addition, we will include a link to your website on our weekly online communication to our database list of players and parents during the duration of the specific tournament (Blitz or Rapid event).
- $300– with a minimum of $300, you get the same benefits noted above. In addition, we will distribute print marketing materials on the day of the event to participants and their parents and supporters.
- $500 to $1,000– with a minimum of $500 per year for a two-year commitment, you get the naming rights to one of our club tournaments. In addition, you will get all the benefits above and you will also be offered a 5-minute opportunity to speak and address participants, their parents and supporters at the beginning of the event. With naming rights, specific events will be named after you for 2 years with options to renew. E.g. The Waterdown Chess Club Summer Classic Rapid Chess Tournament will be renamed “ABC Inc. Summer Classic Rapid Chess Tournament.”
- $1,000+– this offer is for any of the open events we have during the year (2 regular open events and 4 rapid open events per year). You get the opportunity to be the main event sponsor with co-branding of event in your name, e.g. The Waterdown Chess Club Challenge Event presented by “ABC Inc.” Further, you can display your signage at the event with a table display at the venue entrance.
- In kind– if you run restaurant or coffee shop, you can support by supplying lunch, coffee and/or drinks for the participants at any of our events. You can also provide cash to help offset the food costs.
- Others– if you know of other ways you can support, please let us know. We’re open to hearing your ideas and working with you to support chess in our community.